Author Topic: Harlock's Legacy: Warhammer 40k (Jdrake, Kimbra)  (Read 69698 times)

Offline Jdrake

• Administrator
  • Kiloposter Society
  • Author "extraordinaire"
    • Writing blog
Re: Harlock's Legacy: Warhammer 40k (Jdrake, Kimbra)
« Reply #1025 on: August 28, 2017, 01:30:57 AM »
The comment about the population after a cull being the strongest got an actual grin from the shadow-eyed man, and a quick chuckle... more of a brief exhale than a true laugh.

"Others, even other Harlocks, came to Mara, of course. A few over the last hundred years that figured out where I'd gone, where I'd left behind my legacy... but the time wasn't right yet. The way to the Blind Tesseract was not open. Not one of them made it off of Mara. You were the first to reach the Tesseract... and you will be the first man or woman in more than two hundred years to leave Mara once stepping foot on it. The Tesseract will take you wherever you would wish to go."

He shook his head. "The future doesn't bother me because tragedy awaits regardless. I've seen it all. You've barely touched my path through the Blind Tesseract... I walked those paths for decades of futures in just a few months in this world. What will come, will come or will not. The future is a thing too large to be shaped even by me, not completely. I can twist it towards a single outcome, perhaps two... but not even I can tell what other events the change may set in motion."

"And time?" He said, frowning. "Some wounds, time will not heal. No amount of time. In a way, cousin, I am glad it was you who made it here. You who has lost so much. You who knows what it is like to feel my pain. Most of the futures you visited were tracing a path of mine, touching on me somehow... Why do you think I let you find your future with Gideon?" Erasmus shook his head again. "Will any amount of time heal his loss? Will you learn to live without him? I think not, or you are not the woman I thought you were."

"So we come to a choice," he said softly. "I cannot stop you, for the time is not yet right... Soon, but not quite yet. I am still trapped... and so you have time. To stop me. Or not."

Erasmus leaned forward. "So why am I telling you this? It's a good question... one that I wondered for long after I decided to. As you can see... I am not quite human anymore... I'm not sure what I am. Something that is at least a part of the void, I think. The culmination of centuries of my family's dark designs. But there is part of me that is still human, I think... or else why would I want your forgiveness? Why would I want to be forgiven for what I've done, what I still plan to do? Perhaps I want you to look my choice in the eye and tell me you wouldn't do the same for Gideon." He closed his eyes, and without the staring, black voids of his eyes he looked suddenly human... and tired. "It's possible, you know. To defeat death. To bring my family back. It can be done. And if I learned, you can too. The way I took is... already closed, but I can point you another direction. Another way."

And Erasmus Harlock, Rogue Trader, murderer, heretic, sorcerer and rebel, looked sharply away from her. "Now go, before I change my mind. I doubt I could stop you... but perhaps I am wrong. And perhaps merely delaying you would be enough. Dusk awaits." Glancing behind her, Cyn could see a doorway of silver open behind her. waiting... she needed only turn and sprint the forty feet between her and the door to escape.
struct Jdrake{
  public :    const bool isDominant = true;
                  void punish (Female sub){
                      while (sub.isDominated != true) {
                          cause_pain(sub); cause_pleasure(sub);}
                  }};

O/O and RP Ideas

Writing blog

Offline kimbra_ailis

• Dark Goddess of Rain
  • Administrator
  • Master Savage
  • Dark Goddess of Rain
    • Elliquiy Role Play
« Reply #1026 on: August 29, 2017, 01:48:16 AM »
Cyn could somewhat understand how he had stopped being so relaxed about the future. He had experienced paths and changes. Even his mind could not fully find a path of least suffering and now begin a whole new wave of possible futures. He was powerful, rich, had technology and allies that were mind boggling, but the enemies of the Emperor and human kind was almost unfathomable.

Cyn had meant her comment partly as a dig, as a challenge... Had time dulled his pain, his lose... Centuries had passed.. and his pain never dulled. His focus was still unwavered.

Staring at him as he said he was glad it was here. That she knew what pain was, what it was like to lose. Drawing a deep breath she shifted to sit up a bit straighter. Cyn refused to say anything to him. Refused to answer. Cyn had made as much peace with herself as she could. Gideon was an Inquisitor. Not just in name but in spirit and soul. He served the Inquisition with fervor, believing in his work. Enough so that she was certain he would never retire, he would serve his centuries and retire peacefully with her.

... And because of that... he was always going to die... she was going to die... more than likely in their duty...

If she did not lose him on Mara... then when? The Gideon she had known would have hated her for bringing him back... Hadn't he said as much, that he had hated her, had been angry? At least at first? Had time healed that heresy?

Blinking slowly as he said that he was still trapped here. That he was unable to stop her yet. Staring at him for long moments. He wanted forgiveness. Maybe he wanted someone to stop him. He knew what he was about to do was wrong. That the ramifications would ripple past just this choice. He needed someone to make the same choice he had. Someone like her, desperate to save her lover. Cyn could barely describe her feeling and her need for Gideon... but she could not imagine how her love for Gideon compared to his love for his daughter and wife. Cyn expected to lose Gideon eventually. She doubted that Harlock had expected to lose his family the way  he had. She was not sure if that actually made any difference.

Cyn found herself standing as he warned her to go before he changed his mind. The only  time she had heard that particular statement, someone started shooting at her. She was not waiting around for him to change his mind. Knowing that the only reason she had lived this long was listening to her instincts and knowing when it was time to get out. Uncaring about the fact that she knocked over the chair as she stood and turned. Time was time.

.... I need an orgasm and a nap....

RPRequest

Offline Jdrake

• Administrator
  • Kiloposter Society
    • Writing blog
« Reply #1027 on: August 30, 2017, 12:04:58 AM »
Chapter 5: The Last Eclipse

Thought for the day:
Against the Alien and the Traitor, there is no fair way to fight.

This time, there was no sense of time displayed, no horrible stretching, no eternity. This time, walking through the mirror door felt more more difficult than just walking through a door. As Cyn stepped through this time, she knew immediately that something was different. A shudder ran through her, like someone has just walked over her grave, and the hot air hit her like a gust from a furnace.

Looking around, Cyn found herself on a blasted, withered hilltop were nothing grew, while from the foot of the hill a vast, forested swamp went on as far as her eyes could see through the dim, hazy light. In the heavily clouded sky above her, Cyn could see a sun burning faintly as though setting... but the sun was near its zenith. Nearby, next to it, there should have been no way to see the blotch of shadows through the clouds... but she could see it anyway.

The psychic sense of of it washed over her a second later. Life, all around her... most of it hostile. Almost immediately thousands of eyes turned towards her with hunger... and with fear. They wanted her, wanted to feast... but feared this hill. Then, on top of that, she felt the panic and fear and chaos that she had felt only once before, on Quaddis...

That shadow in the sky. Komos. The Tyrant Star.

Behind Cyn, she realized with a start that the mirror door she had come through hadn't closed behind her, like it had every time before... but instead remained imprisoned between two stone pillars rising out of the hill. made from black stone. The mirror-door shivered and flexed angrily, pale arcs of ghostly force rippling across its surface. Beyond it, she could faintly make out the shape of the Blind Tesseract, back on Mara... and the shape of the Iron Daughter, her hands covering her face as if weeping. The more Cyn looked at the pillars, she became convinced that she had seen them before... then she recognized it. It was the same stone as made the Keystone, the Widower's heart.

A wave of utter exhaustion washed over Cyn. She was real... she was completely real again here, and she was suddenly, painfully aware that her bodysuit was meant to keep her warm on Mara... here, it was unbelievably hot in her arctic gear.

If Harlock had been speaking honestly, they were on Dusk. A death world. One of the most dangerous worlds in the Calixas sector, even without the Tyrant Star in the sky above. This is the world where the Dusk Stalkers she had seen on Sinophia had come from, somewhere in the jungle depths of this world.

And it was here that Harlock would return if she did nothing.

What did she want to do?
struct Jdrake{
                  }};

O/O and RP Ideas

Writing blog

Offline kimbra_ailis

• Dark Goddess of Rain
  • Administrator
  • Master Savage
  • Dark Goddess of Rain
    • Elliquiy Role Play
« Reply #1028 on: September 07, 2017, 07:42:13 PM »
Cyn gasped softly as she stepped through the doorway and into bright light. Solid ground bneath her feet. Eyes sweeping wildly to take in where she was. The slow realization that she was on Dusk... and thousands of menacing eyes had turned to her. Realizing she was here. Drawing in a deep breath, she noticed none moved forward. None came for her... the hill... they feared this hill more than they wanted her. It was an effort to breathe past what was almost a psychic assault on her senses.

Eyes continuing to scan the area, they were drawn up to the sun. It oddly made sense to her that Harlock's return would be timed with the Tyrant Star. Had that been what he was talking about? That it was not quite time... but as her  yes tracked the star, she knew it would not be long.

As she turned, she realized the door was still open, trapped open it seemed. It looked as if it was trying to close, but the stones held it tight.

Cyn found herself stepping backwards from it. Pacing back a few feet and staring. There was no doubt in her mind that she wanted Harlock punished for his crimes. It seemed wrong that he should get his family back when he had stolen so many from their families... Yet she didnt want to leave in the Blind Tesseract. Leaving him there was not a death sentence... it was a waiting game... There was little way to prevent someone from reaching Mara again. The planet could not be destroyed. It seemed wrong to saddle the future with that uncertainty.

Cyn did realize that leaving him there was probably easier than killing him or punishing him after his return. Aware that there were no real good options to her. So many futures, so many possibilities, but she became sure that she would not leave him in the limbo of the .Blind Tesseract.

RPRequest

Offline Jdrake

• Administrator
  • Kiloposter Society
    • Writing blog
« Reply #1029 on: September 10, 2017, 02:15:55 AM »
Cyn's legs left weak back here in reality, enough to make her sit on the crest of the hill as she watched the shadow of Komos slowly move across the sky. Its presence was terrifying, even more so now that she had a better psychic sense of it, but the truth was that she was simply too exhausted mentally to be afraid. She was tired down to the depths of her bones, enough that her muscles could do little but shake.

She wasn't sure how long she was there, just breathing and not thinking, then she suddenly felt she wasn't alone anymore. A few seconds after she began to feel it, the mirror door shuddered and it spat out Inquisitor Herrod... or what was left him.

It wasn't clear to Cyn just how much of Herrod was still alive inside that metal shell in the first place, given how little of a psychic signature she felt from him, but she was pretty sure that the smoking hulk of metal that came through the gate was even less so. His hands dug into the soft earth as he pulled himself forward, moving slowly away from the gate... like he had been almost destroyed by some kind of fire or plasma or something similar.

For an instant, Cyn felt sure she understood how the portal working... that the sacrifice of a life, severing a soul from the tether of reality and sending it back to the warp, would disrupt the carefully held state of the portal... could send it screaming shut. If he died there, in the portal, Harlock would be trapped. But she just watched as he crawled further and further away, before collapsing. Moments later, she felt it as he died without a word... his psychic sense fading out at last.

And Cyn was alone once more.

The sky grew darker and darker still, as Komos and the sun grew closer... and then darkness fell, sudden and complete as the Tyrant Star eclipsed the light altogether. Blackness descended onto Dusk, and the animals of the forest howl with furious and rage and fear and confusion and horror. Then they all, as one, went entirely silent.

A silvery grey tracery flows down from the Heavens, carrying with it a hazy, blurred shape, as if it was made from smoke. Slowly, that form stepped through solid air to the Mirror Door, and abruptly Cyn felt that she couldn't act, couldn't move... or perhaps that she could, but that everything was happening too fast, that she was moving hilariously, impossibly slowly while the world sped on around her. With no fanfare or display, the vaporous form paused a second as it reached the mirror door, and turns to face Cyn.

It raised an indistinct hand, forefinger and thumb together in a circle, to the grey shadow of its face where its right eye would be. Then it swept through the opening,  On the other side, a tall, dark coated figure with palid skin and a black ebon walking stick topped with a golden spider appeared out of nowhere.

Erasmus Harlock turned once again to look at Cyn, and she could see the hollow, black pits where human eyes should be as he looked at her. Then he waved and blew her a soft kiss... and the Mirror door shut behind him.

Howls filled the darkness again the moment the mirror door closed, and Cyn could move again as she listened to the furious roars of thousands of deadly predators and worse waking up, as she waited on the hill beneath the waning darkness of the Tyrant Star. Then the eclipse ended all at once. Komos didn't move out of alightment with the eclipse... it simply vanished, moved to somewhere else, another place. She was left alove with what she had done.
struct Jdrake{
                  }};

O/O and RP Ideas

Writing blog

Offline Jdrake

• Administrator
  • Kiloposter Society
    • Writing blog
« Reply #1030 on: September 10, 2017, 02:28:39 AM »
Cyn couldn't be sure how she was there before she her communicator began to go off with messages, somehow sent to her even here on Dusk. Notifications, delivered Astropathically to somewhere on Dusk and relied, perhaps? High priority notices from... Solomon of all places. Not from Scintilla. Not from anyone she cared about... she couldn't bring herself to care.

Then the ship arrived. A small shuttle... maybe fit for 10 or 15 people. It hovered down to the hilltop, landing softly by the stone pillars that had once held the gate... its back to her. The rear boarding ramp lowered with an abrupt, harsh hiss. There was no one aboard the back, no other passangers... just empty chairs and a silent, patient invitation for her to be taken on board...

This probably wasn't the only way off of Dusk. This planet was a death world, but Cyn, with her psychic abilities and her armament, could probably manage to make her way to one of the cities. It might take some time for a shuttle to arrive from off world, but when it did she could certainly book passage on it, make her way elsewhere. Or she could step onto the shuttle that had come to her like a beacon, and was waiting... apparently specifically for her.
struct Jdrake{
                  }};

O/O and RP Ideas

Writing blog

Offline kimbra_ailis

• Dark Goddess of Rain
  • Administrator
  • Master Savage
  • Dark Goddess of Rain
    • Elliquiy Role Play
« Reply #1031 on: September 10, 2017, 03:44:33 AM »
Cyn felt the utter exhaustion... hours.. days... weeks had finally  caught up with her. There had been very little rest since departing on ship to Mara. One on Mara there had been moments of sleep but it had been hellish at its very best. Nothing that restored her or recharged her. Pushing her body, pushing her mind, pushing her boundaries over and over again. Not how long she was twirled around in the Blind Tesseract. That had been as grueling as Mara, maybe more so in some days. Her head hurt, her heart hurt, her body hurt.

It crossed Cyn's mind several times that she was wasting time. That it would have been better to close the portal and be done with Harlock. For all she knew that he would kill her once he was free. If he knew her like he thought he did, he knew should would not easily forgive the loses and suffering. The thought floarted in and out of her mind, but her thoughts were largely silent and calm. Much more so than she could have imagined. As if she was just too exhausted to even summon her thoughts.

The silence of her position was interrupted, her senses prickling, turning her face to turn to the door. Watching Herrod crawl through. That metal shell carrying him, even if his mind was largely gone. Watching silently, it never crossed her mind to help him. A part of her had not forgiven his hand in her near death. She wondered what got him... Had Harlock sent him elsewhere than her own path? Had he run into Gideon after she left her lover, or Harlock himself? Watching steadily. Wondering if he would die in the portal and close it.

For a moment she would have considered that the Emperor's will.

Yet his body crawled out from the portal. Feeling his death, or feeling his psychic imprint disappear.

Cyn turned away from the shell and corpse. It was a mercy that she was as exhuasted as she was, that when the eclipse truly began, fear and terror didnt panic her like on Qaddis.

Feeling the stirring, Cyn turned toward the door way. It was the last movement she managed before she felt the near inability to move further. The wisps of smoke, a moment before Harlock appeared on the other side. Much like she had seen him a while ago. Watching silently as he waved, then he was gone.

Left alone on Dusk, on the hill in the darkness. Darkness that lasted only moments more before the eclipse ended and life seemed to return.

Cyn jerked a bit as her communication device came to life. She listened, half hearted.No idea how long had passed since departing for Mara. A part of her, a small hope, listened for hope. The notices were from Solomon... Had Harlock already returned home? A soft sigh coming from her lips. She could not stay here...

It did cross her mind that she could probably make it to one of the cities that doted this dead world. If she got to the city, she could eventually find transport off this damn planet... and... what... Return to the Inquisition? Her contract and duty had died with Gideon. The thought made her throat tighten and she had to close her eyes. She might be able to return and return to duty. Her other options? Retire after reporting to the Inquistion and reporting to the black ships.... that thought made her want to scream.... Gideon had promised... he would go with her...

Turning her thoughts violently before the pain could have gotten worse. She probably was in no shape to make decisions in the shape she was in. Starting to force herself up to her feet. She could needed to get moving, she had time...

As she dragged herself off the g round, Cyn became aware of the approach of a ship. Uncertain what to think. Had her beacon gone off? But no one should have made it to her this quickly...Warily, with her hand on her weapon, she watched the door open. Surprised no one was in the bay. Empty. Standing for a long moment, considering. A trap? The thought made her consider making her own way to the city, but she found she merely didnt care enough that if it was a trap indeed.

Cyn found herself walking up onto the ship, aware that the door was shutting behind her, but she had already  come aboard, seemed silly to dodge for the opening. She made her way  to the pilot chairs, noting  the servitors, no pilots. 

"State destination..." Cyn demanded. No voice answered her, but looking over the monitors, something caught her attention "home"

... Home...

Cyn didnt know what that meant. An instinctive thought coming to her, that she didnt have a home... That was probably too complex of a thought.

Drawing a deep breath, she blew out slowly. Stepping back, tired. Her first thought was this all didn't matter.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2017, 01:07:43 AM by kimbra_ailis »

RPRequest

Offline Jdrake

• Administrator
  • Kiloposter Society
    • Writing blog
« Reply #1032 on: September 11, 2017, 12:46:34 AM »
The ship shudders as the engines roar and fight gravity, launching the shuttle skyward. The shuttle was a powerful one, and its war with gravity is decidedly one sided... the shuttle leaps forward, making great progress through the thick, humid air of Dusk. Outside the viewports, the air heated, turning green, then blue, then violet... and finally to black as they left the atmosphere, leaving the oppressive psychic presence of Dusk behind.

The retro-engines kicked off them, leaving the ship to make it first turn in the atmophere, and bringing the ship into view.

The ship was a massive, old cruiser, bigger than the biggest ship she had ever been on, and matching no STC profile she had learned. Old ships were always the best, and this one was no exception... though she was sure a techpriest would be horrified to see the custom modifications made to it, regardless of the reasons or how well done they were. The cruiser bristled with armament, and with a start Cyn realized that she had seen it before... although it had been only half real at the time.

Her shuttle turned towards the Spear of Destiny, taking the ship from her view as it began to accelerate towards it. Finally, Cyn could begin to process the meaning of the message from Solomon... from the courts of the Calixas sector. The Harlock Warrent had finally been processed... and she had been named its heir. The Harlock Rogue Trader warrent was hers now, along with... literally unimaginable wealth. Cyn, who had never grown up with any wealth whatsoever, and had lived modestly even after she had attained relative wealth on Scintilla as a member of the Inquisition, could scarcely process it. Thousands of homes on thousands of worlds. Treasures both priceless and profane. And the material wealth was absolutely nothing compared to the value of the Warrent itself... a seal of approval from Holy Terra itself to let her go anywhere, do anything, flout nearly any law she could name. She didn't need to go aboard a Black Ship. She could finally get away from anyone, like she had once tried to do after Quaddis... she could make any life for herself she wanted.

As the shuttle began to dock with the Spear of Destiny, Cyn instinctively reached out, scanning with her mind. She felt no one... almost no one. One mind only, one she recognized. As the shuttle's boarding tube opened onto a large hallway, one large enough for a large crew, one that she recognized from her memories of this ship from the echoes, Cyn stepped onto her ship as its mistress. Her footsteps echoed softly down the halls as she walked, not knowing how she knew where she was going but sure of her way, moving by instinct as she passed empty cabins, empty stations, ornate viewports, and art in the motif of Golden Spiders.

A man waited for her on the bridge. He didn't look like he had last time she had seen him... but even without the psychic sense of the man, she would have known Nostromo. He wore golden clothing, his third eye covered by a black cloth with a golden spider. He gave her a silent nod before looking back out the viewport, forward. Most of the stations on the bridge were manned by servitors, making the ship functional, all arrayed around one chair, one empty chair... the captain's chair.

The chair belonging to Cyn Harlock.
struct Jdrake{
                  }};

O/O and RP Ideas

Writing blog

Offline kimbra_ailis

• Dark Goddess of Rain
  • Administrator
  • Master Savage
  • Dark Goddess of Rain
    • Elliquiy Role Play
« Reply #1033 on: September 11, 2017, 02:19:30 AM »
It took only moments to realize the ship was aiming for off world. Off world was good. Although in the back of her mind she thought that all the dusk creatures on that forsaken planet should be killed.... just to be on the safe side... Least any... escape...

Catching sight of a ship in orbit. A huge ship... and old ship... It took several moments to realize that she knew that ship. The Spear of Destiny. The Harlock ship. Cyn felt hear pulse raise and her heart beat against her chest wildly.

Words jumbling in her ear from her com. Trying to ignore it, but something caught her attention.

... Harlock... Solomon... The courts of the sector had made a landmark decision. The Harlock Warrent had finally been processed.

... Cyn Harlock... Cyn Harlock... that name sounded... familiar... an almost surreal moment... she had been named its heir... Rogue Trader Cyn Harlock...

... This... had to be a dream.. she was still in Tesseract bouncing around... she... she...

Still in shock as they docked with the larger ship. She was instinctively searching for life.... Barely aware when she had started doing that, or how much had she grown. Picking  up a single life....

As soon as her boots came down on the hallway floor, she felt more than she should know. Starting for the bridge. Her feet sure and steady. Walking briskly despite her exhaustion. A part of her expected to find Harlock, but that was not the man she found on the bridge.

"... Nostromo..." Speaking softly in the way of greeting.

... A promise.... a promise that she would free him from Mara... The thought echoed in her mind quietly.

It slowly dawned on her, Erasmus Harlock... He retired, he was gone... If he had found his family, he had left with them again. Not risking to be a target again.

Cyn drew a deep breath. Exhausted but her mind turning. Cyn moved slowly to take the open chair, sinking into it.

"The date please..."

Before her, Cyn had a new life she could never ever have imagined in her wildest dreams. Yes she had dared a few times to think about what it would be like to become the heir... but those were not reality. Just the craziest dreams. Quietly her hand slipped to her side where her sword hung, not her sword, Samara's sword. The sacrifices the team had made... to ensure the Harlock Legacy was... secure...

The Inquisition would have no doubt very little use for her now at least as an Inquisitor or acolyte. Her notoriety would make working or working undercover near impossible.

"Communications up, the news..." Speaking as she sorted out her thoughts. Unfinished business... unfinished business first...

RPRequest

Offline Jdrake

• Administrator
  • Kiloposter Society
    • Writing blog
« Reply #1034 on: September 12, 2017, 02:28:25 AM »
Cyn sank into the chair, and it comforted to her body like she was born to it... not because of supernatural means, she thought, but rather because of its quality, the way the shock-resistant foam shaped itself over to back and ass. The moment she sat down, there was a flash of red, a retinal scan, and then panels in front of her lit up... a holographic projection of star system maps on one side of her, a three dimensional wire frame of the Spear of Destiny on the other.

As Cyn spoke, the servitors at stations moved, their screens flashing by as the servitors obeyed her commands. A second later, the date popped into place in the air in front of her.

45.23.12 M41.999

As she asked for communications, servitor screens flashed by again, and words appeared floating in the air again.

NO ASTROPATH ABOARD

Of course. As she wandered through the ship, her psychic senses would have picked up any other crew. There was no one aboard but servitors. Surely the ship could function with just them, or else the ship would have hardly been here for her to board it, but without a crew some things simply couldn't be done. Communications out of the star system were impossible without an Astropath, and while Cyn might be a psyker herself she had no idea how the delicate art of sending messages was done. She would need to recruit crewmen if she wanted competent hands managing things, and specialists if she needed things done.

For now, though, she already knew what she needed. Nostromo nodded at her command. "Yes, Mistress. Back to Mara." He turned forward, raising a hand to uncover his third eye as he faced out into space, hand clicking blindly over a control board for several seconds until the viewport went brilliant white, the ship leaping into the warp... leaving Dusk and her choice behind.

Would the Inquisition understand what she had done? Should she even tell them? Legally they wouldn't be able to punish her, not anymore, but legally the kill team that had already been sent after he couldn't be sent either. For that matter, what would Lissandra say? If the echoes she had seen were any indication, it seemed likely she had made it off world, or would with Cyn's help, but that was only a hope... and Cyn knew nothing of what the woman would think when she learned of Cyn's choices.

As the ship stormed foward through the Warp, the Blind Eternities flashing by her in a blaze as a protective metal sheet slowly closed off the view, Cyn was left alone with her thoughts to wonder if she'd done the right thing.

She didn't know how long she had brooded in silence when her console beeped softly. Words appeared in front of her again. Coordinates. They lit up a starsystem on her map, a brilliant red dot. The Kronos Expanse... ten thousand lightyears from here, outside of the Calixas sector entirely. A place she had never so much as heard of, much less imagined she could someday go.

The words appeared in front of her.

THE PATH BEGINS
GOOD LUCK

Somewhere, out there in the stars, there was a way to find Gideon again. She felt sure of that... that Erasmus might be mad, but he hadn't shattered the bonds of space and time to return without his answers, without what he sought, and he never would have stopped looking if he didn't have what he had given so much for, would never have given away his Warrent and ship if he still needed them. Somewhere out there, there was a way.

She just had to learn what she was willing to sacrifice to get it for herself.

It is the 41st Millennium.

For more than a hundred centuries the God Emperor of Mankind has sat immobile on the Golden Throne of Earth. He is the master of mankind by the will of the gods and master of a million worlds by the might of his inexhaustible armies. He is a rotting carcass writhing invisibly with power from the Dark Age of Technology. He is the Carrion Lord of the vast Imperium of Man for whom a thousand souls are sacrificed every day so that he may never truly die.

Yet even in his deathless state, the Emperor continues his eternal vigilance. Mighty ships cross the daemon-infested miasma of the Warp, the only route between distant stars. Their way is lit by the Astronomican, the psychic manifestation of the Emperor's will. Vast armies give battle in His name on uncounted worlds. But for all their multitudes, they are barely enough to hold off the ever-present threat to humanity from aliens, heretics, mutants -- and far, far worse.

To be a man in such times is to be one amongst untold billions. It is to live in the cruelest and most bloody regime imaginable. These are the tales of those times. Forget the power of technology and science, for so much has been forgotten and will never be relearned. Forget the promise of progress and understanding, for in the grim dark future there is only war. There is no peace amongst the stars, only an eternity of carnage and slaughter, and the laughter of thirsting gods.

END
« Last Edit: September 12, 2017, 02:30:22 AM by Jdrake »
struct Jdrake{
                  }};

O/O and RP Ideas

Writing blog

Offline kimbra_ailis

• Dark Goddess of Rain
  • Administrator
  • Master Savage
  • Dark Goddess of Rain
    • Elliquiy Role Play
« Reply #1035 on: September 27, 2017, 11:42:02 AM »
"Thank  you..." Saying softly as he began to preparations for travel.

Cyn had obligations and loss strings left undone. The first of which was seeing to anyone alive on Mara was rescued. Thinking on it, she knew the majority of her companions were dead. That thought set heavy on her heart. Any survivors of course were to be taken back to Scintilla.

... Back to the Inquisition... Cyn knew in her heart that the Inquisition was no longer home. No longer a place that would be welcoming. As an acolyte she had made choices outside of Imperial Law. Now she was virtually immune to those laws. Still she had to go back this last time to see to the completion of her duties that had been left undone. Feeling like she owed a final report of her actions and events. As she thought on it, she felt that it was not possible to simply turn her back. That she still felt the weight of obligation to help were she might in the future.

Cyn sat, her mind moving so slowly, starting to pull together the strings of what she would put in her final report. What she would share, what she would keep to herself. Those thoughts were interrupted by words appearing on the screen in front of her again. Coordinates... Gideon... For a moment she couldnt breathe as emotions swelled inside of her.

"Save that...." Cyn managed aloud,  her throat and chest felt tight.

... Mara first.... Cyn reminded herself almost painfully.

... Inquisition...

"We will need a crew..." Speaking somewhat aloud. They would need a crew before they did much beyond that. It was hard to ignore the desire to drop everything and go to Gideon. Yet she knew in the back of her mind, he might someday forgive her for what she was about to do, but she still had duty to attend to first.

Starting to stand up, "I will be in my quarters. I want to know when we are an hour out from Mara..."

Cyn made her way through the ship to private quarters. Going for the shower, her favorite luxury. Where she tried to wash away the day, the emotions, the blood, her sins, beneath that hot water. Dressing was a mix of clothes, she had a change of clothes in her bag, she just wanted to be clean. The torn body suite thrown to the side. A small exploration to see if there was anything useful clothes wise left over that would work till she could get new.

The arrival back to Mara was somewhat bitter sweet. She was there to greet the survivors. To confirm it was over, to confirm she had been passed the mantel. For all intents and purposes, Harlock was dead at last.

It was hard to look at her friend Lissandra. The memory of Lissandra's pain and suffering at the lose of Gregis. There hadnt been a damn thing Cyn could have done about any of this, but she still felt the weight of it. Later, she would think on whether to offer Lissandra a place with her, or watch the woman scatter to where ever she would go. She had come to Mara with love and family... now... now the future seemed so dull and uncertain.

The trip from Mara back to Scintilla would give her some time. Time to think, to wonder, to plan. A small part of her wondered if she was the master that the Harlock creatures feared the return of.... It seemed only  time would tell.

RPRequest