Author Topic: Fallout 4 Megathread  (Read 4493 times)

Offline Trill

• Lockshop Connoisseur
  • Administrator
  • Kiloposter Society
Re: Fallout 4 Megathread
« Reply #75 on: October 03, 2017, 11:08:33 AM »
See, I told you it wasn't that bad. You've been bitching about a game you haven't even played, then you play it and suddenly you're mostly smiles.

Sure, it's not the Fallout you're used to, but it's still Fallout.
"Now that you mention it... last time I smelled my shit, it smelled vaguely pineapple." - Natalija

"CONCORD are the space cops. If you attack someone in a high-security solar system, CONCORD will commit police brutality." - Encyclopedia Dramatica

"Mugs, Mugs, Mugs. Mugs, Mugs, Mugs. Mug-a-mug. Mug-a-mug. Mugs! God, why can't I stop singing this fucking song?!" - Muggy, Fallout: New Vegas

"Think the cops would let you go out of sheer awkwardness if you screamed tase me harder daddy? Let's start circulating that on the sovereign websites and find out.?" - random commenter on YouTube

Offline Natalija

• Huntress After Big Cock
  • Kiloposter Society
  • Empowered whore, and proud of it.
« Reply #76 on: October 03, 2017, 03:30:21 PM »
Wel I have to say I have been influenced by all those reviews I read that make it look like crap. And then vhen I heared "no skills", and "PA based gameplay" - that turned me off totaly. But after seeing a dozen prety nice vids, I decided to give it a shot. And vith all the mods out there for it, even those elements I dont like I can easyli change.

But yes, I concede the point! The game clicks for me so far.
https://www.f-list.net/c/ironmaiden

just my kink list to give you a idea of what to expect :)

Offline Trill

• Lockshop Connoisseur
  • Administrator
  • Kiloposter Society
« Reply #77 on: October 04, 2017, 07:56:59 AM »
Gaming journalism sucks balls, you should know this by now. Source: GamerGate

The best way to get a feel for a game is to watch the trailers for it (if any exist) and then check out some playthroughs or Let's Plays on YouTube.
"Now that you mention it... last time I smelled my shit, it smelled vaguely pineapple." - Natalija

"CONCORD are the space cops. If you attack someone in a high-security solar system, CONCORD will commit police brutality." - Encyclopedia Dramatica

"Mugs, Mugs, Mugs. Mugs, Mugs, Mugs. Mug-a-mug. Mug-a-mug. Mugs! God, why can't I stop singing this fucking song?!" - Muggy, Fallout: New Vegas

"Think the cops would let you go out of sheer awkwardness if you screamed tase me harder daddy? Let's start circulating that on the sovereign websites and find out.?" - random commenter on YouTube

Offline Natalija

• Kiloposter Society
« Reply #78 on: October 04, 2017, 02:50:10 PM »
Too bad I dont read that :P

But aniway, I see problems vith the game too, more and more as I play. The dialogs are so shallow compared to FNV or F3. Not much depth to most chars. Especialy annoying is Preston and his nagging about setlements needing help. I do like Valentine and Cait tho.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2017, 06:22:26 PM by Natalija »

Offline Natalija

• Kiloposter Society
« Reply #79 on: October 16, 2017, 09:11:57 PM »
Yesss... next char I make, I'l go with Charisma at 1 just because I dont want to deal vith all that setlement-building crap. It wuldnt be so bad if you culd automate some of the basic stuff to build, to be done by setlers themselvs, but it seems like they cant flush a toilet w/o my help :P . And its a few more SPECIAL points I can invest better, ofc.

Offline Trill

• Lockshop Connoisseur
  • Administrator
  • Kiloposter Society
« Reply #80 on: October 17, 2017, 02:19:42 AM »
I can't remember the exact name of it, but there is an AI mod that allows you to have self-building settlements. Personally I like collecting, crafting and building, so the settlement building mechanic is right up my alley.

Show us some pics, Nat! Are you playing as yourself? Who are you siding with?

Offline Natalija

• Kiloposter Society
« Reply #81 on: October 17, 2017, 10:38:14 AM »
No, not as myself; thats one of the problems I have vith the game, I cant really RP myself in it, because player character is voiced, and she sounds nothing like me. Too bad theres not a mod that changes voice too, but at least the body-shape mod is pretty good, and lets me mold her to look a little like me.

So far she is siding with the Minutemen, but I had her join BoS too. No point cuting-off quests until I make up my mind vhich way to go. But I dont like the BoS in F4 too much, too self-righteus for my taste. Especialy that Maxson guy rubs me wrong. Remind me too much of the Enclave. Aniway, shes Lvl 43.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2017, 10:42:34 AM by Natalija »

Offline Trill

• Lockshop Connoisseur
  • Administrator
  • Kiloposter Society
« Reply #82 on: October 17, 2017, 08:40:43 PM »
The thing about the Minutemen, though, is that it's all about the settlements. It's impossible to avoid settlement building if you're siding with them. At least with the BoS or Railroad you just have to worry about Synths.

And if you side with the Institute, I will never forgive you.

Offline Natalija

• Kiloposter Society
« Reply #83 on: October 18, 2017, 04:04:03 AM »
Actualy no, its all about defending the setlements. I dont mind that, in fact I like it, even if it gets repetitive, since its added XP and less boring then building them. But building them is a pain in the ass. I'l just build a gen and a homing beacon, and put a few turrets at strategic spots, and thats all. I'm not there to be there mommy and build them beds water pumps and plant corn (seriusly, they cant do that themselfs, why?! they got 2 hands they arent crippled). The only 2 setlements I invested serius time in building is Sanctuary (obviusly, and it makes RP sense, it is her home town, she wuld have a conection to it, she wuld want to see it restored to former glory as much as posible), and that drive-in place (because its a nice flat spot to build and fortify, and a good spot to build artillery and cover that vhole region; even if arty range in F4 is a fucking joke - youd think theyd conzult someone who served in the military and knows vhat there talking about, on the ACTUAL ranges of hi caliber howitzer guns?! just one of those wuld be enogh to put a shell aniwhere on that small world map, from aniwhere else; but noooo - I want them to drop a shell on a super mutant stronghold in downtown Boston, i pop the smoke, the Fort is practicaly next door, and I get a message "out of range" VHAT THE FUCK?! lol the fort is basicly a couple km away, thats nothing for artillery, theyd have to basicly shoot almost straigt-up not to OVERSHOOT it :D ). But all these farms around - no. Couple light turrets, beacon and goodbye. Not vorth the effort. I wil put all kinds of guns and armor in workbenches tho, so the settlers have something to pick up and use vhen needed, but thats it. And since I dont use PA, I tend to park PA suits at the settlements, so any of the setlers can jump in if they need some more protection vhen they are under attack.

Not sure about the Institute. Havent actualy found them yet (I found the Railroad, tho). I'l make my decizion vhen I get a chance to talk to them. But I'm definitly cooling-off toward BoS even more. That one weapons merchant guy at the Prydwen wanted me to RAID the farms for food by any means necessary, even if it means starving the ppl there?! Self-entitled bastard. Barely restrained my-self from blowing his face off after his condesending superior atitude toward the farmers (you know how I despise arrogance and superior atitude). If thats not Enclave behavior I dont know vhat is. But I havent forgot about him, vhen I get a bit higher in lvl I'l take care of him (since I expect it wuld turn all the tin-canned assholes there hostile, and right now I dont feel confident taking on PA equiped enemys yet, not enogh armor-penetrating perks yet and AP modded weapons; my PER isnt high enogh yet, the one raider boss in PA I taken on vas a huge challenge). Heh... maybe if i sneak-kill him vith a silenced weapon and a stealth-boy nobody wil be alerted? after I make sure in GECK hes not set to Essential, ofc, and un-essential him if he is. And since Minutemen are dedicate to protecting the setlers, it makes sense from a RP stand-point too.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2017, 04:09:43 AM by Natalija »