Author Topic: Fallout 4 Megathread  (Read 6151 times)

Offline Trill

• Lockshop Connoisseur
  • Administrator
  • Kiloposter Society
Re: Fallout 4 Megathread
« Reply #75 on: October 03, 2017, 11:08:33 AM »
See, I told you it wasn't that bad. You've been bitching about a game you haven't even played, then you play it and suddenly you're mostly smiles.

Sure, it's not the Fallout you're used to, but it's still Fallout.
"Now that you mention it... last time I smelled my shit, it smelled vaguely pineapple." - Natalija

"CONCORD are the space cops. If you attack someone in a high-security solar system, CONCORD will commit police brutality." - Encyclopedia Dramatica

"Mugs, Mugs, Mugs. Mugs, Mugs, Mugs. Mug-a-mug. Mug-a-mug. Mugs! God, why can't I stop singing this fucking song?!" - Muggy, Fallout: New Vegas

"Think the cops would let you go out of sheer awkwardness if you screamed tase me harder daddy? Let's start circulating that on the sovereign websites and find out.?" - random commenter on YouTube

Offline Natalija

• Huntress After Big Cock
  • Probated
  • Kiloposter Society
  • Stick 2 cocks in my mouth at once, make me happy!
« Reply #76 on: October 03, 2017, 03:30:21 PM »
Wel I have to say I have been influenced by all those reviews I read that make it look like crap. And then vhen I heared "no skills", and "PA based gameplay" - that turned me off totaly. But after seeing a dozen prety nice vids, I decided to give it a shot. And vith all the mods out there for it, even those elements I dont like I can easyli change.

But yes, I concede the point! The game clicks for me so far.
https://www.f-list.net/c/ironmaiden

just my kink list to give you a idea of what to expect :)

Offline Trill

• Lockshop Connoisseur
  • Administrator
  • Kiloposter Society
« Reply #77 on: October 04, 2017, 07:56:59 AM »
Gaming journalism sucks balls, you should know this by now. Source: GamerGate

The best way to get a feel for a game is to watch the trailers for it (if any exist) and then check out some playthroughs or Let's Plays on YouTube.
"Now that you mention it... last time I smelled my shit, it smelled vaguely pineapple." - Natalija

"CONCORD are the space cops. If you attack someone in a high-security solar system, CONCORD will commit police brutality." - Encyclopedia Dramatica

"Mugs, Mugs, Mugs. Mugs, Mugs, Mugs. Mug-a-mug. Mug-a-mug. Mugs! God, why can't I stop singing this fucking song?!" - Muggy, Fallout: New Vegas

"Think the cops would let you go out of sheer awkwardness if you screamed tase me harder daddy? Let's start circulating that on the sovereign websites and find out.?" - random commenter on YouTube

Offline Natalija

• Probated
  • Kiloposter Society
« Reply #78 on: October 04, 2017, 02:50:10 PM »
Too bad I dont read that :P

But aniway, I see problems vith the game too, more and more as I play. The dialogs are so shallow compared to FNV or F3. Not much depth to most chars. Especialy annoying is Preston and his nagging about setlements needing help. I do like Valentine and Cait tho.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2017, 06:22:26 PM by Natalija »

Offline Natalija

• Probated
  • Kiloposter Society
« Reply #79 on: October 16, 2017, 09:11:57 PM »
Yesss... next char I make, I'l go with Charisma at 1 just because I dont want to deal vith all that setlement-building crap. It wuldnt be so bad if you culd automate some of the basic stuff to build, to be done by setlers themselvs, but it seems like they cant flush a toilet w/o my help :P . And its a few more SPECIAL points I can invest better, ofc.

Offline Trill

• Lockshop Connoisseur
  • Administrator
  • Kiloposter Society
« Reply #80 on: October 17, 2017, 02:19:42 AM »
I can't remember the exact name of it, but there is an AI mod that allows you to have self-building settlements. Personally I like collecting, crafting and building, so the settlement building mechanic is right up my alley.

Show us some pics, Nat! Are you playing as yourself? Who are you siding with?

Offline Natalija

• Probated
  • Kiloposter Society
« Reply #81 on: October 17, 2017, 10:38:14 AM »
No, not as myself; thats one of the problems I have vith the game, I cant really RP myself in it, because player character is voiced, and she sounds nothing like me. Too bad theres not a mod that changes voice too, but at least the body-shape mod is pretty good, and lets me mold her to look a little like me.

So far she is siding with the Minutemen, but I had her join BoS too. No point cuting-off quests until I make up my mind vhich way to go. But I dont like the BoS in F4 too much, too self-righteus for my taste. Especialy that Maxson guy rubs me wrong. Remind me too much of the Enclave. Aniway, shes Lvl 43.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2017, 10:42:34 AM by Natalija »

Offline Trill

• Lockshop Connoisseur
  • Administrator
  • Kiloposter Society
« Reply #82 on: October 17, 2017, 08:40:43 PM »
The thing about the Minutemen, though, is that it's all about the settlements. It's impossible to avoid settlement building if you're siding with them. At least with the BoS or Railroad you just have to worry about Synths.

And if you side with the Institute, I will never forgive you.

Offline Natalija

• Probated
  • Kiloposter Society
« Reply #83 on: October 18, 2017, 04:04:03 AM »
Actualy no, its all about defending the setlements. I dont mind that, in fact I like it, even if it gets repetitive, since its added XP and less boring then building them. But building them is a pain in the ass. I'l just build a gen and a homing beacon, and put a few turrets at strategic spots, and thats all. I'm not there to be there mommy and build them beds water pumps and plant corn (seriusly, they cant do that themselfs, why?! they got 2 hands they arent crippled). The only 2 setlements I invested serius time in building is Sanctuary (obviusly, and it makes RP sense, it is her home town, she wuld have a conection to it, she wuld want to see it restored to former glory as much as posible), and that drive-in place (because its a nice flat spot to build and fortify, and a good spot to build artillery and cover that vhole region; even if arty range in F4 is a fucking joke - youd think theyd conzult someone who served in the military and knows vhat there talking about, on the ACTUAL ranges of hi caliber howitzer guns?! just one of those wuld be enogh to put a shell aniwhere on that small world map, from aniwhere else; but noooo - I want them to drop a shell on a super mutant stronghold in downtown Boston, i pop the smoke, the Fort is practicaly next door, and I get a message "out of range" VHAT THE FUCK?! lol the fort is basicly a couple km away, thats nothing for artillery, theyd have to basicly shoot almost straigt-up not to OVERSHOOT it :D ). But all these farms around - no. Couple light turrets, beacon and goodbye. Not vorth the effort. I wil put all kinds of guns and armor in workbenches tho, so the settlers have something to pick up and use vhen needed, but thats it. And since I dont use PA, I tend to park PA suits at the settlements, so any of the setlers can jump in if they need some more protection vhen they are under attack.

Not sure about the Institute. Havent actualy found them yet (I found the Railroad, tho). I'l make my decizion vhen I get a chance to talk to them. But I'm definitly cooling-off toward BoS even more. That one weapons merchant guy at the Prydwen wanted me to RAID the farms for food by any means necessary, even if it means starving the ppl there?! Self-entitled bastard. Barely restrained my-self from blowing his face off after his condesending superior atitude toward the farmers (you know how I despise arrogance and superior atitude). If thats not Enclave behavior I dont know vhat is. But I havent forgot about him, vhen I get a bit higher in lvl I'l take care of him (since I expect it wuld turn all the tin-canned assholes there hostile, and right now I dont feel confident taking on PA equiped enemys yet, not enogh armor-penetrating perks yet and AP modded weapons; my PER isnt high enogh yet, the one raider boss in PA I taken on vas a huge challenge). Heh... maybe if i sneak-kill him vith a silenced weapon and a stealth-boy nobody wil be alerted? after I make sure in GECK hes not set to Essential, ofc, and un-essential him if he is. And since Minutemen are dedicate to protecting the setlers, it makes sense from a RP stand-point too.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2017, 04:09:43 AM by Natalija »

Offline Trill

• Lockshop Connoisseur
  • Administrator
  • Kiloposter Society
« Reply #84 on: October 21, 2017, 04:36:46 AM »
*giggles*

« Last Edit: October 21, 2017, 04:40:54 AM by Trill »

Offline Natalija

• Probated
  • Kiloposter Society
« Reply #85 on: October 21, 2017, 05:25:50 PM »
lol

So when you going to post in our RP?

Offline Trill

• Lockshop Connoisseur
  • Administrator
  • Kiloposter Society
« Reply #86 on: October 22, 2017, 01:43:42 AM »
As soon as I can think of something to post, because it's getting tough to carry this story forward.

Offline Natalija

• Probated
  • Kiloposter Society
« Reply #87 on: October 22, 2017, 01:28:58 PM »
Wel like I sayed we dont have to carry this story forvard, I sugested a time-advance in-to another setting, vhile still keeping the chars.

Offline Natalija

• Probated
  • Kiloposter Society
« Reply #88 on: October 29, 2017, 01:43:42 AM »
Aniway, finaly got to the Institute, and I have to say, so far I kind of like them. They are a bit un-kompromising in there methods, but I think they do have the right idea, on "redefining" humanity (given what hapened to it in Fallout universe, I'd say it NEEDS redefining :P ). Sometimes ends justify the means. Its becoming a real tough choise who to side vith. So far, the only faction I decided NOT to side vith, is the BoS. I just dont like them, they are too militant and fanatical for my taste. Not to mention they act like bullys. And I hate bullys. The Institute seems more on the eficient and pragmatic side, and those are qualitys I can respect. Not to mention they are making progress, vhile evryone else is just scavening pre-war stuff and re-purposing it. The Railroad... not sure about them. They dont seem to have any kind of long-term goal asyde from liberating synths (vhich I'm stil on the fence vhether its a good idea or not). They seem too idealistic for there own good. So right now, my 2 front-running factions are the Minutemen and the Institute.

Offline Natalija

• Probated
  • Kiloposter Society
« Reply #89 on: October 31, 2017, 06:23:26 AM »
Bloody work, but it had to be done. The Railroad vas just too fanatical for its own good. Honestly I wuld have gone for the diplomatic option here, if there vas one, but Father (Shaun) didnt give me one. In hind-sight maybe he vas right. Theres no reasoning vith fanatics who cant see the big picture.

The end of the Brotherhood. Realy too bad I didnt get to kill that Proctor guy my-self, but at least he burned down vith the blimp! No more bullying setlements for food... the MOMENT the BoS started acting like raiders, vas the moment they sealed there fate, in my book. They had to die.

Vhat-ever faults he had, he vas still her son. From the roleplaying kontext, there is no way for a mother to betray her long lost son's trust in her. And I got the impresion his heart vas in the right place, he realy wanted the best for humanity (in his mind). Sometimes that necesitates hard choises.

She may have watched her husband get killed, and her son die on his death-bed, but at least in the synth Shaun, she has found some solace, and keped her anchor to being human. That synth boy is now her reason to keep going, and not lose her soul.

Director of the Institute, and General of the Minutemen... she is determined to lead humanity to a beter future, in both ways. Minutemen - short term. Institute - long term.

So, my first char in F4 is now complete. Vas fun picking her path, and not easy at all making up my mind on vhere to go. But from a RP perspektive, a jaded, longing, broken mother on dual quests of vengeance for her husband, and finding her son, there vas never any going agenst the Institute, in my book. Especialy when she found out her son vas in charge, and with a vision for humanity. Imagine her leading a attack on her own son, and the synth version of him, and being responsible for there deaths? That wuld have broken her soul completly. And once broken and devastated like that, I wuld have probably had her lead the raiders of Nuka World, and become just another murdering monster (as it vas tho, I had her slaughter all of them, and liberated Nuka World, as part of her on-going vision for a better humanity). She wuld have lost her last touch vith humanity. This way, she is stil human, and she stil has something to live for and strive for. And a son (even if he is a synth) to protect and raise.

Offline Trill

• Lockshop Connoisseur
  • Administrator
  • Kiloposter Society
« Reply #90 on: November 02, 2017, 10:52:29 AM »
The Institute. The fucking Institute. And you suited up as a human Courser, to boot.

*facepalm* Oh well, it's your game.

I'll get around to posting screenshots of my BoS character at some point. Maxson's people have their faults, but at least his people aren't kidnapping and replacing settlers at random, sowing fear and paranoia. Father may share DNA with the SS, but he's a total stranger who has taken charge of a group who have brought nothing but suffering to the Commonwealth. (When you said "that proctor guy" I thought "but Ingram's a woman" then you mentioned the settlements and I realized you were talking about Proctor Quinlan. LOL)

Did you try out some of the sarcastic responses? So beautifully written.

Offline Natalija

• Probated
  • Kiloposter Society
« Reply #91 on: November 02, 2017, 11:10:02 PM »
Y, too many ppl named Proctor over there. Looks like some kind of fetish for the Brotherhood XD .

I LOVEEEE the Courser duster. It is SO badass and its a pretty decent armor, too. Light, too, so it helps vith sneaking alot (and this is a sneak-based assassin type char). I love Coursers, too. Professional, detached, eficient. And you know how much I value eficiency. Only enemys in the game (before I joined the Institute), that given me a chalenge.

Father may share DNA with the SS, but he's a total stranger

Thats the problem, right there... you dont understand the conection a mother wuld feel vith her son. He wuld never be a "total stranger" to her. Especialy finaly being re-united vith him after so long. I may not be a mother (yet), but I'm a woman and I know how I'd feel. Unless he turned out to be a total piece of filth (a raider or something), I wuld look for the good in him. And he definitly wasnt, and didnt dezerve to see his own mother turn on him. Sory.

Oh, and I dont know how you can say the Institute broght "nothing but suffering" - they have a long-term, expanzive agenda, and the people they replaced insure added stability to the Commonwealth. Like the mayor of Diamond City. They didnt do it at "random". They arent perfect, and some of the stuff they did is evil, but sometimes the ends justify the means. They certinly did right by the people of Commonwelth too. Like going after that synth raider at Libertalia, who the Railroad "liberated" and then cut loose, only for him to turn to raiding and destroying ppls lives. The Institute reprezents long-term stability. And that is vhat the Commonwealth needs, in my opinion. Not the Brotherhood militancy and single-minded fanaticism, and not the Railroad's obsession vith freeing synths at the expense of evrything else (like Libertalia incident shows perfectly). The Minutemen fit in well tho, since they actualy complement the Institute nicely. Like I pointed out, they insure short-term stability, vhile my character as Director of the Institute works on long-term one.

And of corse, since my char is now the Director, she can also curb some of its more questionable practices. Its a win-win, imo.

I did, some. They wer funny, but not always, sometimes they seemed a litle too dismisive of the topic of the convo. But yes, she definitly has her sarkastic side :P

Aniway, heres some eye-candy too (may have over-done her boobs actualy, but she has the phizique to carry them (shes actualy more buff then me now), and that courser uniform keeps them tight and we can just say she vas a pornstar-turned-lawyer vith a long-time hobby in crossfit/powerlifting before the War. Actualy... yea, thats a good back-story for her :) )

« Last Edit: November 02, 2017, 11:55:05 PM by Natalija »

Offline Trill

• Lockshop Connoisseur
  • Administrator
  • Kiloposter Society
« Reply #92 on: November 03, 2017, 03:29:07 AM »
Ah, nude mods. OMG, that body looks like something out of bad fanart.

Offline twistedgrimm

• BriarRose
  • Kiloposter Society
« Reply #93 on: November 03, 2017, 04:12:48 AM »
Stepping in here to say that the body resembles those Renaissance-age sculptures that are created with little knowledge of the feminine form so instead the artists creates a man and gives him fat sacks.

Offline Natalija

• Probated
  • Kiloposter Society
« Reply #94 on: November 03, 2017, 04:42:45 AM »
Guess you never heard of bodybuilding then.

Offline twistedgrimm

• BriarRose
  • Kiloposter Society
« Reply #95 on: November 03, 2017, 04:45:44 AM »
Oh, yes, it is a complete mystery, a foreign culture I cannot hope to understand.

What do those words even mean?!

Offline Natalija

• Probated
  • Kiloposter Society
« Reply #96 on: November 03, 2017, 04:52:42 AM »
It means (in this game aniway, since I culdnt stand the standard female body for F4, that looks like shed have trouble picking up anithing heavyer then a lightweigt rifle, nvm grab a minigun and get in a 25+ kilo metal armor and bear it for hours on end walking around - aka, she culdnt survive the wasteland for long) beter gameplay immerzion, for me. I just culdnt take my char seriusly otherwise. And as for the breasts wel... they fit my imagined backstory for her. Not the kind of silicone work I'd ever do to my-self, I like mine just fine as they are, moderatly enhanced, but its fun in-game.

:D

Aniway about renaissance sculptures... you do realyze female models in that era didnt have the skinny proportions of today's runway-models? They wer real life women who put on some bulk, vhether fat or even muscle if they worked hard at a farm or something.

Offline twistedgrimm

• BriarRose
  • Kiloposter Society
« Reply #97 on: November 03, 2017, 05:04:23 AM »
Do I need to sign my posts off with a sarcasm marker, Natalija?

I understand the reasoning behind the sculptures, and it is not, in fact, due to the difference in body build but the fact that women were often barred from the Renaissance movement, and the female form was considered immodest. While female models did exist, many artists simply adjusted the body of a male model to fit their reference needs. Other art historians theorize that androgyny was a preferred trait in Renaissance society as opposed to the hyper-feminine and hyper-masculine presentation that we as a society may be used to. Others still theorize that the more muscular form was because the artists were gay.

It really shouldn't matter, though, because it is a joke, and the Renaissance had little to do with Fallout.

Offline Natalija

• Probated
  • Kiloposter Society
« Reply #98 on: November 03, 2017, 05:08:35 AM »
You do, actualy. Sarcasm can be a lost art if its under-emphasized :) But y, I got it.

Actualy, I think Renaissance has more to do vith Fallout then you realize. It vas about as chaotic, in some ways.

BTW; are you sure thats a renaissance sculpture? Looks more like something out of ancient Greece or Rome to me.

Offline twistedgrimm

• BriarRose
  • Kiloposter Society
« Reply #99 on: November 03, 2017, 05:20:06 AM »
Yes. The statue is Michaelangelo's Notte.