Author Topic: Bigotry vs. Common Sense: At vhich point does one cross in-to another?  (Read 46 times)

Offline Natalija

• Huntress After Big Cock
  • Kiloposter Society
  • Empowered whore, and proud of it.
...and how much does it take for it to stop being labeled as such, and be labeled as it shuld be? Common. Sense. Prety straigt-forward question in my view. But one that I have see repeatedly pushed under a carpet or side-tracked, on so many forums I been on. Personaly, it paints a much more disturbing picture to me, then just peoples refusal to deal vith glaring issues of today's world (in general, but western world in particular, vhich is one of the many reasons I'm glad I dont live there). Not to use the word "cowardice" tho I think in some cases that actualy applys. I recognize it vhen I see it. Why is that? Two words:

Political Correctness.

Those two words are anathema to anithing and evrything that a sensible human being shuld stay on the lookout for, especialy in regards to protecting one-self or one's loved ones from destructive influence from the outsyde. And at the begining, they wer not like that. They wer ment to indicate a degree (important key-word) of solidarity and tolerance vith diferent cultures, opinions and world-views. The problem is tho, that nobody ever set a hard limit, at vhich point does "solidarity and tolerance" cross in-to "blindness and acceptance".  Hence the importance of the word "degree" here. Solidarity and tolerance is not absolute. It shuld never be absolute, the moment it becomes absolute, it heralds destruction of said society. That measuring element vas lost in some parts of the word, vhich now become TOO tolerant. TOO accepting. And vhere does that lead society? It leads in-to a state of weakness and numbness, where the people are conditioned to "accept" evrything, and vhere any malevolent external force can move in and start eating away at its foundation from the insyde out. Look at Sweden. Look at United Kingdom. Look at Germany. I see those 3 countrys as a showcase of the "political correctness gone too far" sindrome. And that is just the beginning. Weaknes begets weaknes, and predators to exploit it. In this case, muslim extremists who run rampant over western world in general and these 3 countrys in particular. And people STILL dont see the threat, and try to rationalize it.

And the most disturbing thing I find is, how vhen anyone calls atention to this, they get labeled a "bigot", in the western world. Or maybe "disturbing" isnt the right word. "Self-destructive" wuld be more apt. Is it cowardice? Fear of being shunned for not "jumping on the bad-wagon" as the americans wuld say? Is that why ppl dont speak out? Have they got so numbed-down and pussyfied by the liberal leadership there? I think it is sad that it takes me, someone who dont live there, but who is obzerving it all vith great interest, to call it out.

Btw Trill, feel free to slap 5 more "warnings" on me for this, I dont give a fuck. These issues need to be discussed.
https://www.f-list.net/c/ironmaiden

just my kink list to give you a idea of what to expect :)

Offline Trill

• Lockshop Connoisseur
  • Administrator
  • Kiloposter Society
Re: Bigotry vs. Common Sense: At vhich point does one cross in-to another?
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2017, 07:28:16 AM »
Don't break the rules and you won't get warnings. What you said in that other thread crossed a line.

If you honestly can't see where that line is, I'll happily draw it for you in bright red paint: you hijacked a simple fantasy request thread, attacked another user simply because they appeared to be Muslim and all but accused them of being an extremist, without any proof whatsoever that they were. The rules are quite clear: you are not allowed to attack any user on this forum on the basis of their culture, race or belief. If they admit to believing or doing distasteful things, you're allowed to call them out on that. But I will not have you screaming at people just because you think they might do something even though they have given no indication of doing so. I don't give a damn what you think you know about Muslims, while ever they are on this forum you will treat them as any other user and let myself or Kimbra deal with any issues that arise. Women who run off to join ISIS bear the responsibility for their own folly. When you post on Savage Violation, you leave your prejudice, paranoia and political browbeating at the login screen.

If you don't like that, you are free to leave.

Having said that, however, we do look after our users to some degree. If someone is being stalked outside of role play, or if someone is found to be engaging in extremist behaviour, then you need only report it and it will be swiftly dealt with. Being against bigotry doesn't mean certain people will be allowed to get away with anything. I will enforce the rules equally amongst all users. It's not 'political correctness', it's 'keeping closed-minded people from being unjustifiably bellicose towards other people'.

I would also advise you to keep the mod sass to a minimum.
"Now that you mention it... last time I smelled my shit, it smelled vaguely pineapple." - Natalija

"CONCORD are the space cops. If you attack someone in a high-security solar system, CONCORD will commit police brutality." - Encyclopedia Dramatica

"Mugs, Mugs, Mugs. Mugs, Mugs, Mugs. Mug-a-mug. Mug-a-mug. Mugs! God, why can't I stop singing this fucking song?!" - Muggy, Fallout: New Vegas

"Think the cops would let you go out of sheer awkwardness if you screamed tase me harder daddy? Let's start circulating that on the sovereign websites and find out.?" - random commenter on YouTube

Offline Natalija

• Huntress After Big Cock
  • Kiloposter Society
  • Empowered whore, and proud of it.
Re: Bigotry vs. Common Sense: At vhich point does one cross in-to another?
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2017, 11:49:51 AM »
If they admit to believing or doing distasteful things, you're allowed to call them out on that.

Oh sure... a religius extremist is going to ADMIT he is one. Riiight. He wuld have to be the dumbest idiot in the world to do that. Thats the vhole point. Thats why sometimes a degree of pro-activity is rekuired to feret out those types, vhich may necesitate colateral damage. Trusting one's gut instinct. And having some - here we go - common sense. It is un-fortunate, but thats the price of security. Like all those who stab ppl in the streets in the UK? Or the bomb-planters or the rapists in Sweden? You think those guys wer so considerate to say: "Hey... you know, dont take this the vrong way, but I'm a religius fanatic. Dont be suprised if I stab you to death one of these days, rape you, or blow you up. You know, my convictions tel me to do that."

It wuld be very nice if all the scum like that gives you prior warning, but thats not how they work. If they did work like that, terorism wuld not exist. But no, they pretend to be the nicest guys in the world, until they decide to strike. And you dont even see it coming. And the fact is, until we start being more pro-active, and less reactive, stoping them wil be imposible. Pro-activity means prejudice (vhich is dezerved, in there case) - all we have to is read the news.

And more to the point, I havent "attacked" anyone, I simply pointed out the suspicius thread. Your over-reacting isnt my problem.

I would also advise you to keep the mod sass to a minimum.

And I wuld advise you to get your head out of your ass on the issue, before something hapens to someone YOU care about, because you wer too "tolerant" of suspicius people. But by then it wil be too late, and all I'l be able to say is "I told you so". Unfortunatly thats how most ppl work - they dont realyze the obvius, until it hits them in the face. I vas hoping your not one of those Trill, but now I see you are. Frankly I am disapointed.

Plus, I noticed how you DIDNT answer any of my points in this thread: Why are people over there so hezitant to call atention to the obvius? Why are you so indoktrinated with this multi-kulti thing that you'r basicly ignoring common sense? I'm honestly curius, since it goes agenst the most basic human instinkt of protecting one-self. Are you THAT dumbed-down, or do you just refuse to see the obvius?
« Last Edit: October 10, 2017, 12:15:18 PM by Natalija »
https://www.f-list.net/c/ironmaiden

just my kink list to give you a idea of what to expect :)