Author Topic: The legend of The Ice Princess, by violetsky,  (Read 1138 times)

Offline DannicaAngel

• Kiloposter Society
The legend of The Ice Princess, by violetsky,
« on: April 23, 2010, 08:54:35 PM »
Intro: In a strange and cold place, where lives seals-of-ice and there are frozen lakes, was born a legend about power, fight and vengeance... But in the end we will find out that true power is in peace and forgiveness...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

THE LEGEND OF THE ICE PRINCESS

The Ravans were among the strongest and most cruel in the galaxy. Their insatiable thirst for power was competed only by their vanity. It was said that they drink kalay blood (an animal like the wolf) before each fight, which made their race invincible.
Maybe they would not gain, however, victory after victory in a war that could easily be characterized as absurd if their absolute leader, The Undefeated, had not possessed a redoubtable weapon, what was not in the power of any Ravan: the power to read minds.
Thus, any trace of treason from inside or any trap at the negotiations table were wiped from its beginning, because The Undefeated knew everything about the people next to him, his grasp was instantaneous.
They have conquered many planets, receiving heavy taxes from all the peoples, but not any longer thanks to this, they wanted to conquer the galaxy.
In the evening, they had convened a special meeting to set up all details on the final assault against the Derids, who lived on the Planet of Ice Lakes, the only ones who could challenge them over. They had to go with the battle ships, their famous Fireplanes, at the eclipse of Violet Moon, when the detectors of the Derids could not tap they, because of magnetic interference. Since they expected this eclipse, which takes place a thousand years!
A Fireplane could be shot down very hard, and have the ability to destroy with radiation to up to one quarter of the planet. However, a skilled ice-pilot can destroy it, so they had to wait until any risk can not undermine their attack.
Then they had to enter the Ice Palace and should overtake them, by killing their inhabitants.
A unanimous cry was heard down at the end of the meeting: we must become, finally, masters of the galaxy!
One single Ravan, duke of darkness, had a betrayal thought: "If I sell this information to the Derids, I will get, certainly, even more money and recognition than it will be here."
The Undefeated fixed him at once with his shocking eyes. "Do you think so?", he addressed to the duke.
"Supreme Master, what are you talking about?", he mimed the perplexity.
"This one is bringing shame to the name of the Ravans. He will be punished by the ancient law even this night", claimed the absolute leader.
And indeed, the same night, he was thrown alive into a pool inhabited by white crocodiles. This type of death was horrendous, because white crocodiles don't killed the prey, but slowly ripped into pieces that they consumed, leaving her still alive.

*

The Ice Princess was a frail creature, helpless. She was standing off to her room and read stories, play with the seals and the ice-sea oxes, she lingered in the Magic Land to return there in a state of day-dreaming in which nobody could talk to her. She noted her dreams in a pocketbook of snow and not appear to give due respect to the customs of centuries of the Planet of Ice Lakes.
Moreover, she was quite clumsy. Once, she get a leg fracture slipping on a frozen lake while playing with a seal, which was inconceivable on that planet, where skill and precision were infused from the earliest age to all Derids, who were unbeaten in this. More peaceful and rational, however, they were feared warriors. Otherwise, they would not have survived between the first in the galaxy.
In one night, her parents were talking about all this.
"I think we will be forced to decay her from her rights. I know, it sounds painful, but we can not leave the future of the galaxy in the hands of a princess so ridiculous", opened the subject her mother.
"I know ... I also thought about it. But I will not do it".
"Why? Think that might be the consequences. "
"I just ... Not by exaggerated love, but ... I have a very hard reason to not do this".
"You mean? What is it? ".
"I can say now, it is a big secret. However, you will find at the right time".
They were both silent on the blank, and have not reopened the subject.
The Ice Princess left again in the Magic Land, where no one knew what she does, what she feels, what she thinks.
It was a fairyland world, where she plays with the sprites like the girls of her age, sat for hours, fell asleep, then woke up again and ran through the spelled forest.
Then one day she discovered something unknown to anyone, slipping, into a new crass awkwardness, in a burrow of a mole-of-snow. She fall dozen yards down, until it was completely lost.
There she found the Magic Sword, entirely of crystal and inwrought with Rubin. He had a fascinating appearance, paranormal. She put her little hand on the handle of the sword and then she knew that this had an unprecedented power, hiding inside the secrets of the Universe, the power of Fire and the eternity of Ice. Do not know how, why, where originated, but was aware that it was.
It was a wonderful experience, amazing, but she did'n't reported to nobody, covered by a perception that no one could explain.

*

When the time of the eclipse arrived, the Fireplanes have left in command, in a perfect synchronization, which gave you the creeps. The rumble premonitory of death covered the Galaxy.
The Undefeated look through the bull's eye with a strange look, inhuman. Shortly, the Derids will know, finally, the power and pride of the invincible Ravans in a way that probably they not thinked about ever.
The plan worked. The Ice-pilots have not detected anything, and were taken totally by surprise. Crossed fires have destroyed their defense line ships in less than a minute.
Before the alarm in the Ice Palace can be done, the Ravane troops came inside. They calculate precisely the time they had available in order to not jeopardize the mission.
Then followed the slaughter. Many were killed with firearms, the dreaded Laserjets, but they were fighting also at close quarters, where the savage Ravans always win. Their bloody hatchets taked the lives of so many Derids that nobody could count. Their bodies lie everywhere, full of blood, beheaded.
It was an awful, apocalyptic show. Council halls, rooms surrounded by beautiful windows of ice became a theater of Death.
Brave warriors who have provided security perished in the Laserjet flames. But as wise old men and wives of dignitaries or members of the Council. That space never knew the mourning , but now the tragedy was complete.
A small group of Ravans broke into the Princely room. Room in which sat The Ice Princess was located just before the parents bedroom.
The little princess takes a look terrified, trembling. She had the white side. Then she tripped and slipped on the carpet-of-ice, in a gesture so stupid and clumsily that caused the laughters of the Ravans.
"Please ... Have mercy ... I'm just a helpless child", she said crying.
They looked briefly at one another and passed rapidly into the next room. Her parents were the real target.
"From today, the Galaxy is our",said their leader, then opened fire. Father of Princess threw to the gun-with-ice-needles, but too late.
He perished in the fire of Laserjet, like her mother, just reading a parchment. The parchment containing the secret about that was speaking, the reason why The Ice Princess had not been deprived of rights.
"What's there?", asked one of the Ravans.
"I do not know ... But I think that on the other world she will don't need it", he speak, and fired again with the Laserjet, destroying the parchment in a wave of fire.
While everyone was busy to taking possession of new territory, The Ice Princess has slipped among them, and was unseen. She fled from a brutal instinct, far, far more ... This time it has been prevented.
When she arrived outside the Ice Palace, she turned instinctively to the place that she knew best, to the refuge of its childish times. He knew that only the Magic Land can receive her.
There she cried uninterrupted hours in bitter roars, devastating. She knew that her parents had been killed, that in the Palace of Ice no longer reign than death and the cruelty without limits of the Ravans.
Later, after her frail body could not bear the burden tears, she remained inert on the ground, with ears glued to the wet grass. She could hear, with the latest powers, as in the dream, something magic, the only one thing that can take her still alive: the roaring of the magic forest, the endless spring.
She dragged, more dead than alive, to the place where she discovered the Magic Sword.

*

The Ravans long celebrated victory in their brutal and loud way. They threw the bodies into a common grave, then feast in the Ice Palace days in a row.
Surroundings were studded with guards and Fireplanes, to ensure that any potential Derid group forgotten somewhere can not put them in any danger. The Undefeated visited the place of victory, but remained for a time established at the headquarters of the Ravans on the other planet to coordinate everything.
"A new order in the galaxy was born. Nobody can defeat us. Today, we have rewritten history", he claimed his success.
Meanwhile, The Ice Princess, after a long state next charmed spring, met the spirits of the Magic Land. They gave her power, helped her to survive, to grow up.
She sat timeless hours in their company and, when part of the pain caused was diminished, she had a new feeling, something she do not ever try: she felt so proud of her noble blood, so close to heaven, she felt that the rare race of that she belonged is endangered to be destroyed, to be trampled, and she could not allow to happen this.
She was raised from the ground and looked the starry sky with a dignity that only a real princess would have been capable. She watched the sky with eyes of ice and addressed to her parents from the world beyond.
"I'm The Ice Princess, the last representative of a nation who was born to win. I will bring the victory of the Derids! I will avenge you! I'll bring them to perdition, The Undefeated! I do not know how, but I will! This is my sacrament from the Magic Land".
Then she buried her anguish under an impenetrable mask. She learned to fight alongside the forest beings, to use the sword, the bow, the weapons with needles-of-ice. She learned the martial arts of darkness, and formed her delicate body in a constitution perfect athletic. She initiated in the mysteries of perfect balance of mind-spirit, as only a great master could be, helped by the spirits of Magic Land, a land which neither now not knew of what world belongs, in fact.
When training has become almost perfect, a crack has revealed her the following:
"You are the chosen of the Derids. An ancient prophecy says that you alone can defeat the Ravans and bring the pride of your people where they deserve. The time has finally come to know the tricks of the Magic Sword. Then we'll lead you to the last group of Derids who escaped to the slaughter from the Ice Palace".
She found out that the Sword had, indeed, unprecedented powers. Could be used, as well as a weapon itself, which can destroy and by edge, and by fire laser, and as a Paranormal: with this, she can see in the future, communicate with spirits or modify the frequency of her thoughts.
After a year and a half of training, she rejoined the detachment of Derids, who initiated her into becoming a perfect ice-pilot.
"Now I am ready", she said, after the training was completed. "It's time for a new meaning of the word Undefeated ... ".

*

The occultists of the Ravans knew that something bad, very bad would happen, but could not do anything about it because Thorrus, the supreme deity, completely overshadowed their mind and not pass them to figure out anything more.
Over time, they have resigned, especially because even if they would have been proud, they considered a blasphemy to try to resist to Thorrus's will. However, a psychic told them to take care, as of the eyes in their head, for a little Ravan girl arising even in those days in the Fire Fortress.
"The stars say that she will be the last survivor of a horrendous war. She will be brave and proud and will succeed where no Ravan not be able to do so. She will bring peace through death", she says. "More I can not decrypt. But please, watch her, do not leave anything to touch her".
And the Ravans did exactly this thing.
After the order in the galaxy seemed to be restored, at the gates of the Palace of Ice arrived an unusual visitor.
The Ice Princess was now an elevated young lady, initiated in all the tricks of the fight, of the esoteric and of galactic diplomacy.
She felt a strange thrill in the review of her dwelling, because, beyond the painful memories, she was completely alone in the middle of a hostile tribe, ferocious.
Alone among Ravans!
But she dominated her fear, as she had a secret weapon that makes her plan almost invulnerable.
She drawed a deep breath and communicated to a soil that she wants a meeting with The Undefeated.
"Who are you?".
"I'm The Ice Princess, Derid Princess. I am unarmed and just want a diplomatic meeting".
After a severe checkout, the Ravan nodded.
"Your request will be forwarded to our leader. Take a seat in the waiting room. You will be notified as soon as we receive a response".
"Thank you".
She took place in the room and watched several minutes the place where sat in expectation hundred Fireplanes.
After about half an hour, she was conducted under strict guard, at the residence where now reigned The Undefeated.
He received it after diplomatic customs, but looked at her in a strange way, that exceeded the real world boundaries.
"I could not expect such audacity than from a Deride princess. As you know, now the power is exclusively ours. I'm ready to hear why you called this meeting ".
The Ice Princess played very hard. She knew that if she lies in a way too obvious, she is lost.
"I confess that the first thought that I had was that of revenge. Our nation is also pride and does not accept defeat. But ... I am completely alone. Whatever I want, I can't rally the Deride detachments. So I decided to make an alliance. If I join you, I will be a perfect diplomatic representative and, if necessary, a feared warrior. Nobody in the galaxy will can stop us ".
"Ha, ha, ha ...", the Ravan laughed. "What reason would I have to believe you? But my reason simply can not replace deep diplomatic interests. Indeed an alliance would quiet things in the galaxy. So the right thing is to make the test of reading thoughts. If you tell the truth, consider that your request is accepted. If not, you will end up like my poor duke of the darkness ... you will be the delicious prey of the white crocodiles".
"Okay", breathe The Ice Princess, without any thrill of the face muscles.
The test itself was infallible, did not have any percentage of error. But her secret weapon was that, with the Magic Sword, she modified her thoughts often so that on the scan will appear nothing else but what she have entered earlier in memory, as a sort of flash drive. A version one hundred percent consistent with what she just said.
After several minutes on the face of Undefeated it could read something between astonishment and relief.
"To my surprise, no hidden thoughts inside you. Very well, then! Tomorrow we start all necessary diplomatic steps".
"I am honored," The Ice Princess lip, then withdrawn.

*

Long time, this appearance was maintained. The Ice Princess in the meantime had become too strong and experienced to not know that to achieve ultimate victory she may not overbid too soon. She knew that to be defeated, Undefeated must be anaesthetized, drunk with the palm of victory, be convinced that he is the supreme ruler of the galaxy.
She had to have a superhuman patience with him ... And she had.
After galactic years in which she served in many diplomatic missions, attended at official dinners, even took part in several battles against people on the outskirts of galaxies, she made the decisive move. She proposed to consecrate their alliance through marriage.
"At this scenario I would have never thought ...".
"Me neither ...", replied The Ice Princess, with an irony that in those moments proved too fine for the vanity of The Undefeated.
"You are young, beautiful and clever. Empire needs an heir. Time passes and we must think about the future".
"Just."
"Well, Thorrus bless this moment! My answer is yes".
At the time of he pronounced the name of Thorrus, the sky was suddenly glum, terrible thunder began to rumble, and a storm of unprecedented violence in the galaxy by then covered the earth. Large pieces of hail hit the windows of the Ice Palace.
Then, for the first time in his life, The Undefeated was affraid, a feeling almost foreign to the Ravans. A kind of fear that the divinity will turn the eyes from him, although he could not explain this feeling.
"Let's celebrate the moment", said The Ice Princess and opened a bottle like champagne.
Late at night, when The Undefeated was sleeping deeply, the princess has slowly slipped out of the bedroom and goes out through a small window that she knew very well from childhood. A few minutes, she float on high accompanied by spirits of the Magic Land, and, from somewhere in the ether, she recovered the Magic Sword, a dagger-of-ice and a Derid machine gun, last generation.
When she came again in the Palace room, she was full armored.
She let slipped back into bed and woke up, with a dainty pat, the Ravan feared leader.
"Oh ... I was sleeping ... What is it? ".
"Nothing ... I wanted to ask you ... Why do you are called The Undefeated?", she ask, along with lewd gestures.
"Ah ... It's a long story ... In essence, it is that not being born yet, in the galaxy or beyond, that can defeat me ".
"Well ...", started The Ice Princess and take a little rest, as to enjoy on what were then to follow. "Sorry, but here you screwed up bad ... Bad, very bad!", she said, and drop in his back deep, very deep, a dagger-of-ice, to jump right up.
"I am called The Ice Princess as I am able to freeze even the fire."
The Undefeated was KO. He could not understand anything that was happening, how was possible and on his mouth appeared the blood.
Princess taked by one-motion the Magic Sword.
"Defend yourself, Undefeated!" "Anyway, you will die from my shots".
The Ravan was tense, in a supreme ego, and has the battle cry. It was knew that a Ravan or dies, or wins. Nobody could ever take a prisoner from that race.
He took an ancient mace and started hitting the right and left, prey to a blind rage. The Ice Princess avoided him and dance around until he was dizzy, as she learned in the rules of martial arts of darkness.
Then the Ravan hit so hard, to get the mace head with sharp peaks deep into the floor. The Princess avoided also this shot.
With one blow with the Magic Sword, she divided his weapon into two, so the Ravan left only with a poor wooden handle in his hand.
He throwed this with rage and tried to catch a new weapon, but it was too late.
"Your end will be the end of your nation", claimed the princess, and The Undefeated was immediately beheaded by the Magic Sword, entered on the laser.
Then she dragged out him to the Ravans who began to shake, alerted by the noise of battle.
"Take him! This was The Undefeated! ", she cries.
Of course she had to expect retaliation, but for at least several minutes she can stay quiet. The Ravans believed in Undefeated like in a god, and the shock of his loss was too great to be able to react in any way.
The Ice Princess forecasted this. She will not use this time to run, but to give a short signal by the Magic Sword to the only Derid team remained unharmed. They had to attack the military base full of Fireplanes with the skilled ice-pilots, while she had to fight inside the Palace with the Ravans.
Said and done. General alarm was triggered in the meantime, but with seconds too late. The Ice-pilots already do execution among Fireplanes still sleepy.
"Get it and kill it!" it heard the cries of the Ravans from inside, which began to rouse.
But The Ice Princess fought with a fury, thirst for revenge and precision that nobody would have believed it capable. Nobody ... In addition to the psychic and Thorrus itself.
In her right hand she was holding the Magic Sword, which behead Ravan after Ravan, and in her left the derid machine gun, which draw fire after fire.
In minutes, the Ice Palace was full of corpses, innovative reissue of moments of the beginning. But this time it were Ravan corpses.
Then she went out. The derid Detachment had their debt fully, exterminating the Fireplanes and their pilots, except one. But this risked becoming a real threat, because once back in the battle, almost could not be stopped.
"Ice Princess ... This one escaped. What we do?", whas the first question received by glacial waves.
"Nothing ... Leave it to me ", she replied with a strange grin.
She calculated using the Sword where will be the Fireplane in the following seconds, and then get the machine gun and shot into the engine.
The explosion that followed left behind pieces of fuselage burning and dozens of chared Ravan corpses.
When everything was finished, the Ravan bodies were thrown into a common grave, at random, as happened with the Derids initially.
The Ice Princess looked fixed at the stars and breathed deep.
"Mom ... Dad ... I kept my promise. I brought the death of Undefeated, the defeat of the Ravans, and now the Ice Palace belong to the Derids again".
She did a deep bow, like an artist who welcomes the audience when the curtain fall.

*

Galactic months have passed, but peace does not seemed to restore into the galaxy. The Ice Princess turned everything into a personal war, she do not read, do not go to the Magic Land anymore, was no longer concerned than by only one goal: to kill as many Ravans as possible.
In one of the peripluses in the galaxy she met again the Ravans which laughed at her once.
"Now I don't slide on the ice anymore ...", she said and extermined it on the line in a fight shorter and more uneven than it would have been expected.
The Counsellors were concerned. Justice was made, but such actions jeopardized the credibility of the Derids in the galaxy.
"You have shown what was to shown. Please, stop! ".
"I will not stop until I have exterminated the last Ravan and finally, when the name of this damned race will be deleted from the history book!", she spout on a lugubrious tone.
And she almost did it.
After almost a galactic year, it remained alive only a group of Ravans isolated in their realm, in the Fire Fortress.
The Ice Princess took the magic weapons and started in there, along with a Derid comando who sweared faith until death.
She killed Ravan after Ravan using either sword or gun with the ice-needles, while the comando deals of the few Fireplanes around the Fortress.
Finally, when it remained nothing to destroy, The Ice Princess came in a little room. There, a little Ravane girl sat and watched through the window, trembling and crying. She was the last to survive.
"Please ... Have mercy ... I'm just a helpless child", she said crying.
These words hurt her like a dagger. Had been, long ago, her own words, and the ruthless princess had a moment of great weakness.
"I can not do this," she said in mind, but because the experience of battle not allowed her to hesitate, she looked into the future.
There she has seen itself forgiving the little Ravane and giving them, as gifts, the weapon-of-ice.
"Take it as a gift from me ... If someone attacks you, you will be able to defend yourself ...". She turned back and walked to the door.
"I don't need your gifts! Die, cold-hearted killer!",cried the little Ravane, pressing with all its powers on the trigger of the weapon.
Then, The Ice Princess has collapsed, her body pierced with needles-of-ice. Her
soul rejoined those of her parents.
She remained immobile... For the first time in her life, she felt totally lacking in reply. She contacted her mother, with the Magic Sword.
"Mom ... We did'n't spoke recently ... Please, it is very important! Tell me ... how sounds exactly the prophecy? The Forest Spirit revealed to me only a part".
"It is written that you are the chosen of Derids. You are the only one who can defeat the Ravans and bring the pride of your people where they deserve. And you did it, my girl ... My lovely girl ... But the parchment concluded with the following statement - the only thing that will ever be able to defeat you it is mercy".
The Ice Princess looked into the eyes of the little Ravane girl and saw in the innocence of her eyes something which ressembled to the Magic Land ... She was returned for a second to the Magic Land and knew that her decision had been taken.
"I'm coming, Ma ... I have always maintained that a man can not resist a prophecy ...".
Then she gave to the Ravane girl the gift, pronouncing the same words that she has heard in the scene from the future.

*

Epilogue. The Ravane girl still remained near the inanimate body of what was The Ice Princess. Her Ravane pride had its revenge, but she was suddenly covered by the bitter tears of atonement.
"Ice Princess ... I am sorry ... I had no right to do this! I am too small to know why was all this war, but one thing is sure: You gave me that weapon to protect me, and I shot you in the back! I'm not worthy to live!" , she says, and with the same dignity of a princess, aimed the gun to himself and pressed the trigger.
Legend says that the soul of The Ice Princess, and that of the Ravane girl met in Heaven, where Forgiveness, Peace and Love are the only rules, and there were began an eternal friendship which finally brought peace between the two nations rival to death. Their spirits now inhabit in the Magic Land, where both defend and protects the beings in the galaxy, so that their tragedy is not repeated again.

"Innocence" he said, while his eyes fell away and slowly slid black irises to study the mist-laden woods around him.
"Losing your innocence, is like losing a limb."
The smile that appeared on his lips was neither cold nor warm - it was colourless.
"She crippled me"
"For that, I will cripple her.