Author Topic: Flip of a coin, by liare,  (Read 1149 times)

Offline DannicaAngel

• Kiloposter Society
Flip of a coin, by liare,
« on: April 23, 2010, 09:02:51 PM »
Intro: Liar and Lammenour's game goes wrong

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Old Law council sat miserably in the hall. The large flame blazed in its dish in the middle of a raised dias, at the end of the hall, welcoming anyone who came through the main doors. Which no one did. Aydell had previously lost the key. Normally, they didn't meet in the drafty hall, it was too cold. But, today they were and Aydell was hours late.

Liar was sat next to Lammenour, making ridiculous bets on the spin of a coin. Julivanne sat nearby. Watching.

"Heads! So you owe me 10 in gold and have to name your first child after a flower." Liar scowled. Great. She passed him a handful of coins.

"Tails! You have to kiss Gogoroth."

"Whoa! You never said anything about orcs!"

"Liar, play nice." Julivanne intervined.

"He lost." She added darkly.

"So? People don't make big decisions based on he flip of a coin. Fate can't be changed that way. I think that it is one skill you can live without."

"Well, he did agree to play. Aydell has probably gotten eaten by something nasty and no one's even celebrating in the slightest. How else am i supposed to cope with boredom? Your not exactly the most interresting person to talk to."

"Really? Well, perhaps i could join in your little game."

"Fine." Liar shrugged. "Heads or tails?"

"Heads." Liar flipped the coin and covered it with her hand.

"If i win, you have to kiss Gogoroth instead of Lam."

"And if i win. I want your heart."

"You can't have someone's heart." Lammenour protested. "Sides...there's about a four hundred and eighty five year age difference." He smirked. Liar kicked him.

"Not if i cut it out." Julivanne said. "Still want to see who's won?" He asked Liar.

"Sure." Liar removed her hand and swore. Heads had won.

"Well. Hope you've learnt a valuable lesson." He smiled and walked to one of the doors from the hall, motioning to her to follow.

"He can't really do that can he? I mean, you'd die and you've past your tenth birthday. It'd be murder." Lammenour began to look sick with worry, forgetting the bruise on his leg.. "You don't have to go."

"A bet's a bet." Liar didn't at all feel confident about this. But, she kept her word. Liar wasn't a coward.

Years later, if you knew where to look, undoubtedly you'd find a small, silver box in a large desk. The key kept safe. If you were to open it, if you felt brave enough, there would surely be a black and bloodied heart, still beating.

"Innocence" he said, while his eyes fell away and slowly slid black irises to study the mist-laden woods around him.
"Losing your innocence, is like losing a limb."
The smile that appeared on his lips was neither cold nor warm - it was colourless.
"She crippled me"
"For that, I will cripple her.