Author Topic: The Weight of the Innocent  (Read 965 times)

The Weight of the Innocent
« on: November 26, 2009, 08:56:29 AM »

Offline kimbra_ailis

• Dark Goddess of Rain
  • Administrator
  • Master Savage
  • Dark Goddess of Rain
    • Elliquiy Role Play

"Is it better for ten guilty men be set free than one innoccent man sent to prison?"

I have seen this quote mostly in reference of rape and murder... Was curious what everyones Opinion on it is.....

.... I need an orgasm and a nap....

RPRequest

Re: The Weight of the Innocent
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2009, 03:42:06 AM »

Offline SirSinister

• Sir
  • Depraved
  • Outside your bedroom door
9% error rate seems fine with me...

The appeals process is there to aid for just such occassions, ifthis person still slips throughthe cracks well then its unfortunate, but at least when they get out they can take solicein the double jeapardy laws. lol

Besides if they are found truely innocent they usually end up sueing for ten times what they would have earnt in that time for 'psychological damages'.
The devil follows me day and night, because he is afraid to be alone...

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2009, 03:48:48 AM »

Offline Mystique

• Shapeshifter
  • Extremely Depraved
I had to pick no. Not that I do not care about the innocent but beccause the damage the 9 who get away seems a lot. 9 serial killers out, they get better at hiding until they have decided they want the limelight again and start to make mistakes. And I hate to think about the damage those sick bastard that like to play with kids can do. Not a chance I'd like to take.

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2009, 03:50:25 AM »

Offline the savage

• "Vidi, vici, veni." I saw, I conquered, I came.
  • Very Depraved
I happen to agree with the quote that it is better to set guilty people free rather than punish the innocent.  Maybe it is just the lawyer in me.  But everyone says well, its not so bad.  My response is imagine you are the innocent party. 
Dirty talk makes sex so much better.  Especially my favorites, No, Don't, Stop, Please, and You're hurting me.

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2017, 06:19:14 AM »

Offline Natalija

• Huntress After Big Cock
  • Kiloposter Society
  • Meow! Feed me cum or I'l break you!

"Is it better for ten guilty men be set free than one innoccent man sent to prison?"

I have seen this quote mostly in reference of rape and murder... Was curious what everyones Opinion on it is.....

Tough kuestion vith no easy answer to it. As someone who comited murder, I'm glad the law wasnt so blind as to ignore the cirkumstances behind it. In my case, it vas determined I vas justifyed in what I done. I think "guilty" and "innocent" are in the eye of the beholder. But not to go on a tangent, I think the quote stands. The moment a blameless (not to use the vord "innocent" because as I sayed, I dont think it fits) person is sent to jail, is the moment justice fails and the people start to lose faith in the system, and the system becomes opressive. That in the long run can have alot worse consekvences then leting 9 criminals walk. Its a case of picking the lesser of 2 evils.

Thats why I belive staying safe is first and fore-most, up to each person themselvs. Dont count on the system to protect you, be able to protect yorself, because the system is imperfect (to put it mildly). And only if that fails, involve the system.
https://www.f-list.net/c/ironmaiden

just my kink list to give you a idea of what to expect :)